We are heartbroken by the passing of Los Angeles Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold. He was a husband, a father and an inspiration to many journalists and foodies. Our thoughts are with his wife, CCNMA president Laurie Ochoa, and his family in this difficult time.
In honor of Mr. Gold’s memory, many journalists and chefs have reflected on his work and impact on the culinary community. Below are some tributes written about him recently.
Los Angeles Times
- Notable Los Angeles Times restaurant reviews by Jonathan Gold
- Tributes to restaurant critic Jonathan Gold pour in from around the food world
- We all live in Jonathan Gold’s Southern California
- Before there was food, Jonathan Gold was a groundbreaking music critic
- Full L.A. Times coverage
- Jonathan Gold, ambassador of L.A. cuisines, has died
- ‘Taco should be a verb’ ~ Five essential Jonathan Gold quotes about tacos
The New York Times
If you would like to share a memory of him, you can do so here.
Read his Pulitzer prize-winning work here.
For the Family of Jonathan Gold: Consider Donation.